Development Satellite Payload Engineer
Initial Duration: Perm
Rate £Competitive P.A.
Overview of the Role
As the Development Satellite Payload Engineer you will responsible for the management of activities devoted to the development of satellite payload technology and products under the responsibility of the Payload Technology Section including:
Responsibilities broadly include:
- Initiating, monitoring and controlling space segment technology and product development activities for satellite communications under the ARTES Core Competitiveness (CC) and other ARTES programme lines, with a focus on digital communication technologies.
- Liaising with the Procurement Department, the Strategic Programme Line Managers and other relevant Departments as necessary to fulfil this role.
- Supporting activities of the Ground Segment Section and the creation and implementation of ARTES partnership projects;
- Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of ARTES activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone completion dates;
- Identifying and defining product and technology needs for future satellite communication services, in particular for digital communication technology and products;
- Supporting the promotion of the ARTES 4.0 programme and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis;
- Coordinating the provision of expert technical support from other organisational units (e.g. TEC) as required to ensure an effective initiation and management of activities.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience combined with a Master degree or equivalent qualification in Telecommunications or Engineering.
- Experience in managing technology development activities carried out by industry for commercial satellite communication;
- Knowledge of satellite communication system architectures, products and market;
- Experience in the specification, design, development and testing of at least one of the following: digital signal processors, communication modems, digital and/or mixed signal ASICs, software defined radios;
o Results Orientation;
o Planning and Organisation;
o Stakeholder Relationship Management;
- Knowledge of Aerospace and industrial development, verification and procurement processes would be distinct asset.
- Applicants should also demonstrate strong negotiation skills and contract/subcontract management experience. Experience in space segment technology and equipment as well as subsystem design and development is required. Experience in the satellite telecommunication industry would be a distinct advantage.
You will be an integral part of Ajilon (Adecco), a FTSE500 Global organisation with over 52 clients and sole supplier to the biggest organisations in the country and the world. You will be employed by ourselves as an Ajilon Consultant working onsite with our client where you will receive a regular salary, annual bonus payment, pension contributions, holiday and sick pay, plus a number of additional benefits such as medical insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance, access to our discounted benefits website and library of online training materials and future career and certification opportunities.
This great opportunity is being offered on a FTC PAYE basis which means a LTD/Umbrella company cannot be used.
If you think you have the experience and you would like to become an employee of this fast growing business unit within Ajilon please apply with your CV right now for instant consideration!