Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer
Satellite Payload Engineer
Initial Duration: Perm
Rate £Competitive P.A.
Overview of the Role
As the Satellite Payload Engineer you will be providing supporting the initiation of activities related to technology and product development for payload applications. You will support the establishment and control of relevant specifications and general documentation.
Responsibilities broadly include:
- Evaluation, support to negotiation, monitoring and control of development contracts and activities.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of technology and product work plans.
- Support other members of the TIA-TTP section on their projects and share expertise within the section.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication.
- Cooperate with specialists in other departments.
- Identify any issues during the procurement phase, the running or closing of an activity, and flag them for attention in a timely manner.
- Support the timely preparation of papers for Adjudication meetings or Delegate bodies (IPC, JCB), with high quality standards.
- Provide inputs for the Department Business Intelligence system.
- Support TIA communication activities in line with the TIA Communication Policy rules.
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the Security Directives.
- The post holder shall be an experienced person who has a Master or PhD degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and experience in payload technology and products for telecommunication satellites.
- General experience with the design, analysis, qualification, testing and implementation of satellite payload equipment for telecommunication satellites, with substantial experience in one or more of the following:
- management of development contracts for satellite payload equipment.
- design, development and/or exploitation of antenna and RF units, such as:
- low noise amplifiers
- channel amplifiers and linearisers
- power amplifiers
- frequency converters
- digital signal processors
- A sound knowledge of multiple different types of payload equipment and their functions at payload level is desirable.
You will be an integral part of Ajilon (Adecco), a FTSE500 Global organisation with over 52 clients and sole supplier to the biggest organisations in the country and the world. You will be employed by ourselves as an Ajilon Consultant working onsite with our client where you will receive a regular salary, annual bonus payment, pension contributions, holiday and sick pay, plus a number of additional benefits such as medical insurance, income protection, critical illness and life insurance, access to our discounted benefits website and library of online training materials and future career and certification opportunities.
This great opportunity is being offered on a FTC PAYE basis which means a LTD/Umbrella company cannot be used.
If you think you have the experience and you would like to become an employee of this fast growing business unit within Ajilon please apply with your CV right now for instant consideration!